If you remember from last week, I ran out of my tansy dyed yarn, just after dividing for the sleeves of the Luna Sweater.
Man, garter stitch sucks up a ton on yarn.
So I frogged.
I also decided to heavily modify my original pattern. This is bulky weight yarn, so I cast on much fewer stitches on a much larger needle. Instead of doing raglan sleeves, I worked increases as you would for a rounded yoke. And I decided on only one button hole at the top, instead of three.
I added some scrappy stripes in natural brown and cream for filler and instead of finishing the sleeves, I just bound them off right away. I really like the way the sleeves turned out. They’re much less fussy this way and I may write up a new pattern with this in mind.